8th October 2005
Tensor Low Trucks
My last skateboard was, to put it bluntly, a pile of crap. I had seven year old ABEC 3 wheels and real heavy trucks on it from a board that was probably bought in a toy shop for Â£15. So I kept on thinking that that board might have been holding me back due to it’s lack of pop and that fact that it was quite heavy, and I was right.Oct 8, 2005 by Board Crazy product
When I was buying the stuff for my new setup I intentionally tried to get lightweight, low trucks and small wheels so that the board would be easy to spin and flip and do funky flatland stuff with, plus some bearings a little speedier than ABEC 3’s! I’m not kidding when I tell you I could not make it to the bottom of a hill without tic-tacking down it!
Anyway, I was talking about trucks…
So I read a lot of reviews and generally hunted around for some trucks until I came across these beauties. They are Tensor Low trucks designed and used by Rodney Mullen. That’s a pretty big endorsement as far as I’m concerned, but if you’re not as much of a fan as I am then here are five actual reasons I would buy them again…
1. Lightweight trucks make it much easier to move, flip and spin your skateboard. I immediately noticed the difference when I went to do a kickflip, putting the usual amount of force I would have needed to with my old skateboard just to do a kickflip, and the new board easily span a double. You can also ollie a lot higher.
2. As well as being lightweight, they are much lower than regular trucks. This means the skateboard is even easier to flip because the wheels aren’t sticking out as far.
3. Unlike many trucks, they don’t seem to have any ‘lean’ towards one side or the other.
4. They look damn cool. Especially the black and orange ones.
5. According to the Tensor Trucks website, they have been officially recognised by the US Patent Office as being innovative not just to skateboarding but to engineering as a whole.
The Cheapest Place To Buy Tensor Trucks?
The best place to buy these trucks is on E-Bay, as far as I can tell. In the USA, there are a lot of ‘Buy It Now’ sellers with these trucks, in all different colours. Even if you live in the UK it’s cheaper to get them from America! I live in Somerset and I picked mine up from an American seller on E-Bay. Even with international shipping charges these trucks cost me about Â£20 less than they would have if I’d got them here in the UK! But don’t just take my word for it…